Saturday, March 8, 2014

March 8, 2014

Losing someone you love is never easy.  Whether the loss is sudden and unexpected, as with my dad, or there is a period of knowing, "preparing", before the loss.  Saying goodbye, letting go, is hard for those of us left behind. 

This morning, the father of a childhood friend passed away after a long struggle with cancer.  My heart aches for her, and for her family, as I know all too well the pain they are feeling now.  I wish I had words of wisdom to help ease their pain, but I don't.  I can only offer them my condolences and prayers.

This morning I am crying, not only for my loss, but for theirs as well.  I hope time, and love, faith and family, bring us all peace and fewer tears as we remember the happy times.  

Rest in peace, Mr. Perkins.  I can still hear your voice on the sidelines at our soccer games yelling, "Go posies!".  

I miss you Dad <3

1 comment:

  1. Empathy - so good for your soul. So painful when you are already struggling to process your own grief, though. Sending love and prayers! <3

    ReplyDelete