Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15, 2013

I just had a conversation with my daughter about this blog.  I told her that I'm not sure that this was the "right" year to start it.  I'm so sad, and feeling lost, and scared about facing this new reality.  I don't know how to process what's happening.  How can I write a blog that will interest anyone when I can't even form coherent sentences in my own mind?

My daughter said, "If you hadn't started the blog, you probably never would have taken this picture."

The last picture of my Dad.  Taken less than 24 hours before he died.

She is 100% correct.  I probably wouldn't have taken the picture.  I took it specifically thinking about the post I was going to write later that night.

Now I know.  This was exactly the right year to start it.


2 comments:

  1. I know this is hard my dear friend, I know you hadn't planned things to go this way however what a blessing to have this picture to share with each of us, to remind us that life is precious and to cherish the moments we do have. I smiled when I first saw this picture, not yet knowing the events that followed. I hadn't seen your parents in years and yet they look just as I remember them. I smile thinking back to the pizza nights we had at your house, your mom always serving a salad with the pizza in hopes of making it a bit healthier. Through out the time I was around your family I remember your mom always worrying about your dad, his diet, his health, etc., It warms my heart knowing her worrying and prodding him paid off. They had 25+ more years of happiness and love ahead of them.
    I think this blog will help you work through the emotions coming at you, the thoughts and feelings you don't know what to do with. Please write from your heart and write for yourself, do not worry about what will interest those reading your words, just allow the words to flow. You will be thankful in the years to come that you have taken the time to document what you have gone through. Although you may not realize it now, you will look back on this time with tears and smiles and you will be stronger for writing your way out grief.
    Hold the memories close to your heart and know there are no wrong feelings, cry when you feel like crying, smile when you feel like smiling and in time, laugh when you feel like laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, my friend. How fortunate that you started this blog. What a powerful journey you are on that needs chronicled. <3

    ReplyDelete